Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Can you believe that Thanksgiving came and went? It literally flew by. It was nice to see my family and spend time with some friends, but I am definitely not ready for Christmas yet. Where does one find money to spend on gifts for others? If anyone knows, please pass along the secret. My money tree never sprouted this past spring.

For those who are waiting at the edge of their seat... I beat my record from last year in the Turkey Trot! I finished in 30 minutes and 01 seconds. My brother found that embarrassing, and my Dad agreed it was pretty bad. I however, was happy to finish. What I wasn't happy about what the 7 year olds who were running in the race. Legit 7 year olds (maybe younger) ran in the race, and don't think I didn't plow through them. Johnny kept trying to give me breathing techniques as we were running. If I could have told him to shut up, I would have.

Don't let this picture fool you. I did not come in first place. In fact, some male won who wore shorts shorter than my underwear. He finished in about 15 minutes, 1/2 my time.

Later that day I went to my Grandmothers for dinner, or "supper" as she calls it. The food was great, the company...eh could have been better. JOKING! Hardy har har. Just seeing if you were paying attention, I already mentioned that I loved spending time with my family.

The only complaints I have about Thanksgiving is that it went by so fast! I am also upset that I was unable to watch the Macy's Day Parade. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. There aren't any gifts involved, it's just about family and spending time with the people you love and care about. I wouldn't trade anything for my family. I love spending as much time with them as possible. I just wish there was more time to spend.
I am really bad at taking pictures, I really need to work on snapping the camera a bit more. I'll work on it, I'll work on it. The only picture I have from Thanksgiving dinner is this one (and 3 more of the same shot. Thanks, Tyler). It's of  2 of my cousins, my sister, and myself. Love these ladies.

And of course...there was Black Friday. I was out from 5am to 5:30pm. Between the 5k, the boot camp class I took the day before Thanksgiving, and the 12.5 hours on my feet, my dogs were barking!!!
I must say, I was able to snag a few deals.


I really enjoyed this past weekend, it makes me sad that it's over. BUT, I must say I am very excited for Saturday...it's the day I've been waiting for, I GET TO MEET REGIS. I am still deciding what I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs