Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Best Of...

Despite not having a full-time teaching job, 2011 hasn't been too bad to me, in fact 2011 has been pretty memorable.

For starters, I earned my masters degree ---- which in turn led me to pay my first school loan- YAHOOOO! I joke about my degrees, simply because I do not have my dream job yet just 2 pieces of paper. BUT graduating from college yet alone with a masters degree is a huge accomplishment in my book.

2011 has also graced me with my favorite past time, traveling. I went on a cruise to the Caribbeans, Charleston- South Carolina, and Lake Tahoe-Nevada. All of which were amazing.

Charleston

 Lake Tahoe

Grand Turk


Lets not forget my run in with Reeg. I went to see a live taping of his former show AND I met him in person.
That's me in the far left corner...

Besides my personal life, 2011 has brought some other milestones. For instance, The Royal Wedding, Osama bin Ladens death, Regis and Oprah's retirement from the talk show world, Casey Anthony gets away with murder, and Beyonce has a bun in the oven.


Clearly some events take precedent over the others, but they are all events of 2011.

It's crazy how time flies by. I can't believe I am 24. My baby brother is 17?! And my sister 20??? I can remember when times were a lot simpler. When you think back to this past year, and all that's happened  its hard to imagine that it happened so fast. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in work, or school, or life in general. It is important to take a step back and breathe. Be appreciative of all that you have accomplished and all that you have made it through. You never know when you last day may be so it's important to live each day to its fullest. Take time out for those who you love. In the end, that's what matters the most.

So, for this upcoming year, 2012, I have decided not to make a resolution. Resolutions always get broken. Therefore, this year I am just going to be thankful. I have been blessed for 24 years of my life and I want that trend to continue. Be grateful for what you have, who you have, and all that you have accomplished.

My wish for everyone this year is to have a happy and healthy New Year. I hope that 2012 brings more memories, love and laughter, and accomplishments to everyone (and a full-time teaching job for me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs