Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sweet or Sour?

Valentines Day is coming soon, and Johnny and I have decided not to celebrate it this year. No gifts (except for a dozen of chocolate covered strawberries).

To be honest, I don't really know the true facts about Valentines Day. Sure, I know about Cupid, and the significance of saying, "I love you," and telling the ones we love and care about how much they mean to us. But, is that IT?

I am pretty sold on it being a made up holiday. I've been on both sides for a while. Yes, it is nice to receive gifts, and tokens of appreciation because you are simply loved. However, if you don't have someone significant in your life... the day can be suicidal. Just saying. The day can be pretttttty dreadful.

I guess if everyone in the entire world had someone to love, I would embrace the holiday- whole heartedly (no pun intended). The idea is nice. AND truth be told, it is a cute holiday. There are tons of crafts and sweets to make.

So the question is...

Does Valentines Day leave you feeling sweet?


Or sour?

Source: tumblr.com via Leigh on Pinterest
 Please disregard the purple heart, that is a bit harsh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs