Monday, November 7, 2011

How May I Help You?

If you work anywhere where you greet or are paid to assist or help anyone, but a smile on your face.

I believe JFK said something along the lines of, "Ask not what you can do for me, but what you can do for yourself." Clearly I know those aren't the correct words, but it portrays the same meaning.

I was in the doctor's office last week (why I was at the doctors is a whole other story) when I was "greeted" by Rudey Trudy. Trudy, did not say "hello" instead, she stared until I greeted her. The only time she spoke to me was when she asked for my co-payment, which is a rip.off. After her obligations with me were over, she turned to her neighbor and spoke about what happened with some gentleman (doubtful) and the events from the night prior. Umm, If I am in the waiting room I shouldn't hear your loud, inappropriate conversation- and to paint you a picture of who else was waiting in the waiting room, the average age (with the exclusion of myself) was about 72. 

The rudeness doesn't stop there.

Besides Rudey Trudy at the doctor's office, the bank tellers at Citizens Banks are the absolute rudest people in the entire universe (to clarify this is one specific branch). Negative Nancy, and Pessimistic Pete also have zero social skills. In fact they ask for your account number, how you want your money and that.is.it. No "Hello", no "How are you," or "How can I help you," no "Have a good day," nothing. The only thing they ever do is slam my money or receipt on the counter and/or give a big huff and puff. I hate the huff and puff. Get over yourselves.

I could go on about the rude people, but I don't want  two all of you to think I am a Negative Nancy, or Pessimistic Pete, and certainly not a Rudey Trudy. The only thing I am suggesting is that people try to be happy. Happiness and being polite go a long way, especially in the world of customer service.

While we're on the same topic of happiness, Kim Kardashian- you are pathetic. I know that you shouldn't believe everything you read (except this blog, of course), and that there are tons of allegations about the Kardashian/Humphries wedding, but Kim- you will never be happy until you stop thinking you are the "Princess of the World," you my friend need to step off your pedestal and appreciate people, its not all about the money honey.

Good grief!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs