Friday, November 11, 2011

Tech-knowledgy

Do you ever wonder where we'd be without technology? I can remember when we got our first computer. I forget how old I was exactly, perhaps fifth grade? "I'm really showing my age"- I've never have the opportunity to ever say that before.

Any who, let’s say for the sake of argument that it was in fifth grade when my parents bought us our first computer. It was Christmas morning; we opened all our gifts and went to my Grandparents house. When we returned home, there were 3 HUGE boxes in our living room, that "Santa, must have forgotten to drop these off." When we tore off the paper there stood 1 super large computer screen, 1 super size monitor, and 1 super large printer. We were so happy.

Back in the day, we had to get permission to use the computer. My sister and I shared an AOL username, TnEgals. One time, I lied to my mom about using the computer without permission. That was HORRIBLE. My punishment for lying was that I couldn't go to the "Spring Fling." I had to return my dress and everything. Mother Theresa doesn't fool around (or at least she didn't). Ever since then I thought twice about lying to my mom.

I can remember my first cell phone, too. It was the summer before 11th grade. I know, totally deprived. I saved enough money from my summer job to buy a track phone, a pre-paid phone. I literally had to duck while walking through doorways with the antennae on this thing. Massive.

Today, 8 year olds have cell phones and phones better than mine! Kids these days don't have proper social skills because of technology. If you don't believe me, talk to my brother (sorry, Ty). They just are incapable of holding a conversation with another individual.

Sometimes I wonder if there wasn't such a thing as MySpace, or Facebook, would I have been able to get my work done faster? Would I have wasted hours on the computer doing absolutely nothing? Probably not.

Besides all the technology gadgets, there is another language. Which I hate by the way. I am guilty of using the "LOL", but that's because I don't want to write "haha." That extra letter just puts me off the edge. I mean really, "LMAO"? I don't think so, not physically possible. The kicker, "smh." I hate that. I absolutely hate that. Why are you shaking your head? Do you normally shake your head at things that bother you? Ugh, annoying. In spite of the "smh," my sister and I use a different acronym, "tmf." This is otherwise known as, "tapping my foot." Get real people. Erica and I typically make a mockery out of these people and speak this ridiculous language to our mother, she's catching on.

Any who, TTYL!

2 comments:

  1. I just recently learned what "smh" was. I feel so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the most ridiculous thing ever? TMF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs