Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You

To all the Veterans out there, thank you.

So many times we take for granted the little things in life. It's selfish of us, as Americans, to not recognize those who are, and who have fought for our country. For some people, today is just a day off from school and/or work. I admit, sometimes I sweat the small things, and forget about others who have it far worse than me. Think of the families who are separated due to their selfless acts. Imagine.

Being a substitute teacher, I had the day off. However, yesterday the students put on a Veterans Day assembly, which was very touching. Granted I can cry at the drop of a hat, but these kids left me with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

Think of a group of kids singing, "It's a Wonderful World," "Proud to Be an American," or "American Soldier". How touching. It was such a nice gesture and the veterans who were in attendance were very appreciative and thankful for the students and teachers consideration.

So, when you think life is tough for you...imagine life without your loved one(s). Think of the families separated because their significant other is fighting for YOU!

Thank you Veterans, for all that you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs