Friday, December 16, 2011

QVC

I don't want to offend anyone who is an affiliate of the QVC network, but I truthfully believe that the hosts of those shows put their viewers into a shopping trance. I also feel that QVC is some sort of a cult. If you don't believe me turn on the tube and continue to read this post.

I can proudly say that I have not yet bought anything from the network, but I am not ruling out the possibility. One time when I was watching the show they were selling towels. To me, a towel is a towel. But for these women, this towel was out of this world. The way they were caressing the fabric, and wrapping it around their bodies made me want to buy a towel, for my own bathroom (the bathroom that I don't have). Luckily, I was able to resist the temptation. BUT, I can't say that was the same for a few others....

My grandmother- that crazy lady that I love, said that twice she has woken up with her checkbook laid out of her bed, the QVC channel on, and within a week she received packages that she hadn't remembered ordering. The woman was shopping in her sleep! If that isn't a trance, I don't know what is. I will say that she orders things off the TV quite frequently, and in turn has to return the items because they weren't what she wanted. Which, in turn causes her to spend more money on shipping. What a crock!

She is not the only person I know who was suckered in. I was witness to the next victim, my father. While flipping through the channels one night, we stopped at the network for a few minutes. They were selling night vision glasses. Yes, night vision glasses. Being that my father's favorite pastime is hunting, he thought this would be the greatest addition to his hunting gear. Even though the host kept saying, "Your kids will love these," he still pursued the purchase. I never saw my dad dial a phone number so fast. In about a week, those puppies were at our doorstep. Let me add, those puppies are still in the box.

Take this as a warning, be careful what you shop for. Don't be apart of the QVC colt. Nothing good comes out of it!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your grandma shops in her sleep. I can't wait till your her age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs