Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis' the Season for Giving

I guess the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers," but let it be clear that when you receive a gift, you are technically not a beggar. You are the recipient of a bad gift. Lets be real for a minute, we have all received a bad gift a time or two. We are talking best and worst gifts, but mostly worst. If you are reading this and are shaking your head in disbelief and are saying, "I appreciate everything everyone has ever given me," then you are lying.

I may have very well been on the giving side of an awful gift, but it happens to the best of us. On the other hand, I have also been on the receiving side of awful gifts.

Lets just say that nicknack's, should be thrown out. Every single one of them. I would like to go to every gift store and knock each nicknack's off the shelf one by one. What's the point of them? They just take up space. Just like my Mom taught me, those things are just dust collectors.


In my one bedroom apartment, or my bedroom in my parents house (potato-patato), I will admit that I have a few "nicknack's" if you will (by few I mean one). BUT they/it hold(s) meaning. Random figurines I am not okay with. Take for instance bad gift #1, a large porcelain angel, practically life size. I will not say who it was from, but lets just say I love that person none the less.  Besides the fact that this thing was enormous, or that I hated the way it looked and had no place for it, I wanted nothing to do with it. Sooo I strategically placed it in my sisters room on a shelf behind a picture or two. That thing was spotted after 3 minutes and 27 seconds, roughly.

Needless to say that thing is longggg gone.

So, how do you know whether or not you are responsible for a bad gift? Watch your special someone open the gift. It's all in the facial expression. Believe me you will know, immediately. How to prevent this from happening? Put some thought behind your gifts, and DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. 8 out of 10 times you will be regretting your purchase.

With that in mind...lets share some of your worst gifts. Who's first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs