Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

After all of the holiday traditional things that I did  to get me into the Christmas spirit, the thing that  reminded me the most about Christmas was my train ride home home from the city.

On my way home from my trip to the city, a man in camo got onto the train. He had a huge army bag and was in uniform. I over heard him say that he was coming home from a leave over seas and that he was going to surprise his family for Christmas. It nearly gave me goosebumps.

The meaning of Christmas is not what gifts you give or get, its about appreciation and family and spending time with the people who mean the world to you. We are very fortunate to be able to pick up the phone, or drive 10 minutes to see our family members and friends. Be mindful that not everyone has that luxury.

There are families who have loved ones over seas fighting so that WE can have a safe place to call home. There are families who aren't able to afford to give gifts to their children and loved ones because they have been laid off or are unemployed. There are loved ones we have lost along the way this year. There are people who don't have a family to spend the holidays with. There are people who are sick on this holiday and are unable to enjoy this time of the year. Be mindful.

This year, take a time out to remember the true meaning of Christmas. It's not too late to do something nice for someone who is in need. Remember the true Meaning of Christmas.







Wishing you very happy holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my page. I love hearing what you have to say. I hope to hear back from you soon!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs